Temmpel Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Temmpel Online Forums

The start of a new MMORPG, called Temmpel Online. We are looking for any ideas you would like to see in the next MMORPG. Note: We are using RPG Maker XP.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Good news!
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:21 am by Tsuyasa
Swizzler got a interview for a job! If he gets this Temmpel might come back!!! This is very great news! Come on everyone, lets root for him! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Comments: 0
Demodderation
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 pm by Tsuyasa
Swizzler has been demodded for certain reasons.

Comments: 1
ATTENTION ALL SOTO PLAYERS!
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 3:24 pm by Tsuyasa
Josh is behind because he is in debt BIG TIME! And he needs our help! I am going to help all I can, I want SoTO to stay up! Without our help, SoTO will be lost! FOREVER! He needs money bad, and he's not making much himself, that is why I am helping him out. Send me something if you are interested.

Comments: 2
Forum Update
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:13 am by Swizzler
We have edited the forum to display what Level of poster you are depending on the number of posts. And we have taken out the Top Poster... Let us know whether you like this or not.

About Moderator Position
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:01 pm by Tjbond
First of all, We are currently not searching for a moderator.

We will appoint a moderator that we think will suit the job, when the time comes around.

Things we currently look for are..

#1 A Very active member (someone who is on at least once a day).
Keep in mind, This does not mean spamming the forums to bump your post count.

#2 Friendly & Helpful towards other …

Might Have Confusion!
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:23 pm by Tsuyasa
Time to switch most recent posts to top!

Comments: 3
Welcome to TOF!!!
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:23 pm by Tsuyasa
Welcome people! Please give me and Swizzler all the ideas you can come up with! Plus we just released a new event today, check it out! Oh and if you want, you can introduce yourself to get everyone to know more about yourself! Very Happy

Currently Working On
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:39 pm by Tsuyasa
I am currently working on making animations for all the abilities. I am trying to make them all look as cool as possible, so you players can get that "Wow!" moment. Very Happy

Latest topics
» Temmpel Is Dead
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby Swizzler Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:10 pm

» Good Luck Swizzler
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby FoxHawx Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:57 pm

» Good news!
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby Tsuyasa Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:21 am

» both mods..........
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby craig1414 Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:52 pm

» SoTO PLayers
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby Tsuyasa Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:15 am

» Quick question
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby Tsuyasa Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:31 pm

» Demodderation
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby Swizzler Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:49 am

» Live DEMO of the New Site!
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby FoxHawx Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:41 pm

» ATTENTION ALL SOTO PLAYERS!
How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeby Tsuyasa Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:08 pm

How to improve some stuff

Go down 
+5
Swizzler
DirtyNeuron
Rothgar
Tsuyasa
PandaBear
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Swizzler
Anti-Social
Anti-Social
Swizzler

Male Number of posts : 68
Humor : Silence! Epic!
Registration date : 2008-08-20

How to improve some stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Downloading the client for our game is much more efficient, than hosting it on a website.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/da_swizz
FoxHawx
Mute
Mute
FoxHawx

Male Number of posts : 23
Humor : Of course.
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:56 am

Well I can download.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Myspace.com/numbaunoforward
PandaBear
Confident
Confident

Male Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 pm

have any of u noticed that i think all of the members are guys?! and i might be able to download just maybe
Back to top Go down
Tsuyasa
Admin
Admin
Tsuyasa

Male Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:29 pm

It's not gonna be that big... Plus it would be harder to own our own site, and publish it on to that site.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/garrettgumflapper
SherlockTheDog
Mute
Mute
SherlockTheDog

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Emerican wrote:
No installation PLEASE!
i cant insall stuff Sad

I agree, If it's posable, please have it were you don't have to download anything.
Back to top Go down
Emerican
Mute
Mute
Emerican

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:04 pm

No installation PLEASE!
i cant insall stuff Sad
Back to top Go down
Tsuyasa
Admin
Admin
Tsuyasa

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:04 pm

There is going to be a website for Temmpel Online. You know a website where you need to go to download the client, if there is going to be one, or look at a Game Guide, or register for the game... stuff like that...
Back to top Go down
PandaBear
Confident
Confident

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 pm

? what do u mean by that? anyway horray 100th post!
Back to top Go down
Tsuyasa
Admin
Admin
Tsuyasa

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:22 pm

We are going to be making a website.
Back to top Go down
PandaBear
Confident
Confident

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:14 pm

is the new banner on the top the new thing pic for the game?
Back to top Go down
Tsuyasa
Admin
Admin
Tsuyasa

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:55 pm

We're working on that Dade. xD
Back to top Go down
Dadevster
Mute
Mute

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Here's an idea...Get rid of that god-awful thing in the top left corner of the website. Ugh...it's a blurry picture of a pyramid surrounded by white with ugly text on top of it. Get an official logo or something.
Back to top Go down
Swizzler
Anti-Social
Anti-Social
Swizzler

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:04 am

I see what your getting at know...
Back to top Go down
DirtyNeuron
Mute
Mute
DirtyNeuron

Male Number of posts : 3
Humor : Humour
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:20 am

Swizzler wrote:
DirtyNeuron wrote:
You could have it set up so that you gain EXP on a curve... where if you are partying with a higher player (assuming this is a mmo, with a party feature) they gain the normal experience points as per their level, but since you are in their group, and at a lower level, the 12 xp they would gain, turns into 48 or 200 for you.

That would mean that the higher level Player would be getting more EXP, assuming you are talking about balancing the EXP between. For example, a lvl 5 and lvl 50 fighting a lvl 60 NPC they would average about 1100 EXP, rather than the lvl 5 gaining his 2000 and the lvl 50 getting his 200. That would make the lower lvl player level up slower...

I'm glad someone actually caught that, a slip on my part in wording, and also showing someone read it.

At times, in various game play, if you were in a higher level than the enemy you were fighting, you gained a lot less experience points, even if the level differences were only a few, and they were in themselves of a rather high level, lets say, you were level 40, they were level 36... you would gain far less experience in fighting them, far less than you ACTUALLY gained by fighting them for the first time. But if you were a level 5, it would almost be impossible to defeat the level 36 foe. That was the point of my arguement.
Back to top Go down
Swizzler
Anti-Social
Anti-Social
Swizzler

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:04 am

DirtyNeuron wrote:
You could have it set up so that you gain EXP on a curve... where if you are partying with a higher player (assuming this is a mmo, with a party feature) they gain the normal experience points as per their level, but since you are in their group, and at a lower level, the 12 xp they would gain, turns into 48 or 200 for you.

That would mean that the higher level Player would be getting more EXP, assuming you are talking about balancing the EXP between. For example, a lvl 5 and lvl 50 fighting a lvl 60 NPC they would average about 1100 EXP, rather than the lvl 5 gaining his 2000 and the lvl 50 getting his 200. That would make the lower lvl player level up slower...
Back to top Go down
DirtyNeuron
Mute
Mute
DirtyNeuron

Male Number of posts : 3
Humor : Humour
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Ideas...   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:40 am

Trying to come up with ideas for a game... By drawing inferences from prior games I've played...

Recently I've purchased FFXII, and the first thing I notice, is the license board.

You have two purposes for the license board.

First, you join a clan, there is only one clan in the game, and it is the largest clan, so most other clans eventually answer to your own (At least, that is the way it seems in the back story). In this situation it doubles as a Guild.

But you gain license points by defeating monsters, marks (bounties), and bosses.

This is separate from experience points. While exp affects your individual stats, health, mana points, and the like... LP serve to move you through the ranks of your clan/guild = rewards, and also allow you to 'train' in different abilities.

This allows you to take a base character, and move them through different casts of magic, (Light/Dark/Green/Arcane) different casts of warriors, (Ranged, Staffs, Gunslinger, Tank, Paladin, Thief, Two-handed weapons, Shield users, Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Barbarians -Axes&Maces- ) as well as allowing to purchase the rights to wear different accessories, and their own personal 'feats'.

The second issue would of course be the issue of in game money. The game had very few enemies actually carrying around readily accepted cash, so you gathered gear from their corpses to sell... but the thing that really irked me about all games is this: You fight some kick *** boss, some mighty MOB, or some lowly pawn, and 'You Found a PEBBLE!" shows up. **** that. I do not want a pebble. I want that **** sword he was kicking my *** with! HES DEAD! Let me loot his corpse, hell, I'll take an organ or two as well, I can sell that **** on eBay!

But moving on. *readjusts tie, and straights shirt*

You should allow for some sort of special character avatar, if this is going to be a client based system. All characters early in game, tend to look a like. I can not recall the number of times, standing in a busy square in some game, I could not recall who I was, and who was some other characters avatar, standing next to me. Even with hair/facial/gender issues aside. Its too static, in the first part of the game. But it also gets to the point where item equips do not change the outward appearance of characters.

I know some will be loath to suggest this... but it seems you might be running either a) old school 8-bit styled game, but with more effects, so it might be easier to say 16-bit. Or b) side scroller with minimum of character avatar features... But however you divide it, if you are running a 'chibi' game, you should take a look to Gaia online to see some of the avatar options.

Instead of working out referals as your medium of choice for in-game-perks, think instead achievements. It is one thing to spam messages on different boards across the internet, but you tend to attract *** holes that wish to ruin the game. Granted, that makes the monies off of advertisements, but you sacrifice gameplay.

Achievements could be different things... have a donation room, where you can take items you do not wish to use, and give them where they can be given out to newbies, such as in a guild. That could gain you clan achievements, which in turn could be another form of perks, but from the game itself.

Defeating bosses, or a certain number of enemies of a particular type. Simular to working on a chain. Infact, two kinds of chains. Chain of attacks that you would be able to do, (simular to DMC) without a large lag between them, and killing all the same kind.

You could have it set up so that you gain EXP on a curve... where if you are partying with a higher player (assuming this is a mmo, with a party feature) they gain the normal experience points as per their level, but since you are in their group, and at a lower level, the 12 xp they would gain, turns into 48 or 200 for you. But if you use the license points from before, that would not change. Basically, it would not be so much a party-kill, in terms of actual programing it, but rather the difference in levels between the enemy you are attacking / your current level.

This would help newbie players level up faster, which would allow them to unlock more of the game without constant fear of getting nailed.

Hm, I'll post this now and see what kind of responses it sparks than type any more out. Currently I'm wondering what else there is to be posted.

Last edited by DirtyNeuron on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rothgar
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:06 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda confused by it too...
Back to top Go down
Rothgar
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:04 pm

Nice, so this is kinda like SoTo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PandaBear
Confident
Confident

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:52 pm

we still haveta go to page one but its okay not that important
Back to top Go down
Tsuyasa
Admin
Admin
Tsuyasa

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:50 pm

What? I just made everything recent up front so you don't have to scroll all the way down to read the most recent post.
Back to top Go down
PandaBear
Confident
Confident

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 pm

this is going a little confusing u should make cause when i want to see da new posts they end up in da first page and we start at da first and what im trying to say is can u switch that as in whenever u check posts its on da first page not da second?
Back to top Go down
Tsuyasa
Admin
Admin
Tsuyasa

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:43 pm

It's going to be 100% free. Unless if you want to gimme money, I'll accept that. xD lol!
Back to top Go down
PandaBear
Confident
Confident

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:31 pm

or like pokeplushies they're in other forms of pictures: How to improve some stuff 643462
Click here to feed me!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

How to improve some stuff 643481
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

How to improve some stuff 643532
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Back to top Go down
Rothgar
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Wait, is this game 100% free? Or is there some kind or premiun upgrade?
Back to top Go down
PandaBear
Confident
Confident

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:25 pm

how about some special items or ranked higher or even special members that can go do other stuff like more stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to improve some stuff   How to improve some stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to improve some stuff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next